About this event
Due to postponing of Ghost in the Shellcode, this event has been cancelled and will be re-issued when Ghost in the Shellcode is announced again.
Join this weekend if you want to learn a lot about security, computers and tools.
Capture the flag (CTF) is a security/hacking challenge where you need to find flags in binaries, web applications and more. Regardless of your skill level, participating in a CTF increases your skills and sets your mind on track.
All CTF challenges are pre-made and hosted online: there is also some hardware to deploy virtual machines with additional challenges. Bring your favorite challenges, there will be some systems up and running.
Participating is free, bring your own equipment. The challenge starts on friday 21:00 and ends on sunday 21.00 or when we feel like it. Join by sending an e-mail to marinus[AT]awesomeretro[DOT]org. Maximum 30 participants.
Participants of this challenge have various skill levels. All your actions on the network must be responsible and according to ethical hacking practices. This means only targeting machines and challenges that are explicitly mentioned and listed.
- During this event the polyCTF takes place. https://ctftime.org/event/241
- More info: http://ghostintheshellcode.com/
- What to expect? Check the write-up’s from previous GitS:
- Other options, depending on what you want to do
- http://trailofbits.github.io/ctf/ [General CTF Walkthrough]
- https://crimediggers.nl/ [Dutch CTF challenge]
- http://ringzer0team.com/ [Another one]
- https://hax.tor.hu [Online CTF challenge with >9000 questions]
- https://ctftime.org/ctf-wtf/ [moar because moar]
- mr. breaker
- [ see above bold text to join ]
Date(s) - 08/01/2016